Sancta Maria Abbey
New Reception Building
The Foundatiokjnmkhnjn Stone for Sancta Maria Abbey, designed by Peter Whiston, was laid in 1954. Work on the Abbey continued into the 1960s but the Abbey Church, which was intended to be located to the east of the building, was never constructed. Pollock Hammond Limited have been working on proposals for a new Reception building, which will provide facilities for visitors and guests, to be located on the incomplete east side of the Abbey. The proposals are nearing Planning Application stage.
Following the sale of Nunraw Tower, the Abbey has been unable to provide accommodation to guests. Work is currently on site for the conversion of the south-east range of the Abbey to form a new fully accessible guesthouse. The new Guesthouse will provide 9 en-suite Bedrooms, a common room, prayer room and dining facilities. The Abbey kitchen is also being upgraded to serve the guesthouse.